Modern designers and manufacturers are trying to take into account the most diverse needs of their customers – so there is no longer a need to purchase something one and very versatile. Insulated gloves can be separate for all occasions – for the economy, going to work, trips out of town, playing sports. Depending on the purpose, external and internal materials, the degree of insulation, color and, sometimes, the model itself will change.
Types of insulated winter gloves
- Leather padded gloves. The best option for everyday life. Genuine leather or leatherette, which is used for sewing clothing and haberdashery products, with proper care, retains a presentable appearance for a long time. Depending on the thickness of the insulation, you can pick up gloves for cold winter weather or for a windy demi-season. The lining is usually terry, fleece, wool or fur. Leather gloves win with their versatility – they are perfect for any outerwear in casual style.
- Suede padded gloves. Soft and durable suede is used for different types of gloves – everyday or work. In the first case, it gives the product great delicacy and elegance, and in the latter, it simply serves as a reliable material, wear-resistant and durable.
- Knitted insulated gloves. Such models provide maximum mobility to the fingers. They do not constrain movements at all, it is convenient to do household or construction work, outdoor activities and sports in them. They can be knitted – woolen or cashmere or fleece. In knitwear, insulation is provided by the density of the knitting itself (for example, 10 loops per inch) and the lining. Gloves can also be double – with a mirror insert inside of identical material. The advantage over the rest is that they are easy to wash – by hand or on a delicate machine wash at 30 ° C.
- Sports insulated gloves. They are developed by specialized manufacturers specifically for different sports. So, for example, they can contain a Gore-Tex or Hipora membrane for protection from wind and moisture, cushioning on the back of the hand, can be equipped with adjustable cuffs, have a coating for increased control on the fingers, and so on. The cost of sports gloves usually significantly exceeds the prices of previous models, since they use proprietary materials and insulation (Tinsulate, Primaloft and others). Here are combined leather insulated gloves – inserts in them are made to increase durability and provide greater flexibility.
- Gloves-mittens with valve. Combine practicality and comfort. Depending on the model, the flap can be fastened with Velcro or a button.
A common option for warming is liners that are worn under the main gloves. The requirements for them are usually lower both in terms of materials and appearance. Most often there are knitted Chinese factory models, which include wool and synthetics. Synthetic fibers such as polyamide, acrylic or polyacrylonitrile play an important role – they provide greater strength, increase the extensibility of the product. PAN allows wool gloves to keep their shape after washing and more.
Fleece-lined gloves can be used on their own or for insulation as a second pair. They are more pleasant to the touch, warm well, while comfortably and gently clasping the hand.
With such insulating liners, any gloves can become frost-resistant – rubber, leather, suede and even disposable.