Human feet are a complex and sensitive support organ with 26 bones. In a healthy state, the surface is affected by 3 of its departments: the pads of the fingers, the outer longitudinal arches and the heels. The function of a natural shock absorber and springs are performed by the internal longitudinal and transverse vaults, which protect against shock loads when walking. With deformation, the arches cannot fully fulfill their purpose and need correction and support, which orthopedic insoles are able to provide. Thanks to them, the pain, heaviness, fatigue, and burning that occur with flat feet are relieved. Correct rolling of the feet is preserved, feeling of comfort for the whole day even during long walks.
Orthopedic insole or how to avoid flat feet
The purpose of preventing flattening of the arch in children is to help in the correct formation of the feet with the help of orthopedic insoles, and in adults — to prevent the load on vulnerable areas. These include the spine, joints, vessels, etc. When the arches are flattened, the weight of the body presses on the ligaments and muscles, a pain syndrome occurs due to a violation of the cushioning function. To avoid this, people who are in the risk group are recommended to use orthopedic prophylactic insoles. More often than others, those who have a genetic predisposition or wear uncomfortable shoes are prone to diseases. People who are forced to be in a static vertical position for a long time and women who prefer shoes with heels more than 4 cm suffer.
Orthopedic insoles — indications for use
• Flat feet, valgus feet — in children, insoles will help to cure the disease, and in adults, they will relieve pain symptoms and stop the progression of deformities;
• Diseases of the joints, spine — due to the insoles, the load on the affected areas is reduced during movement and prolonged standing;
• Deviation of the big toe, bump on the bone, heel spur — orthopedic products support the arch (transverse, longitudinal) and the load from the problem area is removed, evenly distributing it over the foot, the deformation may stop;
• Diabetic foot — insoles help to improve blood circulation, prevent chafing (in diabetics, this turns into long-healing wounds) and allow you to do everyday things without feeling discomfort;
• Different leg lengths – orthopedic devices make the defect invisible to others, correct the gait and provide comfort to the user;
• Pregnancy — during the period of carrying a child, even a healthy woman is recommended prophylactic products, because weight increases and pressure increases, which requires correct distribution;
• The period of foot formation in children.
Types of insoles
Orthopedic insoles are distinguished by the following characteristics:
Type — insoles or semi-insoles (for 3/4 feet) for closed and open shoes;
The purpose is prevention or treatment, devices differ in the stiffness of the instep. In preventive models, parts for supporting the arches are made of foamed materials (latex, polyurethane, etc.). Medical products have a hard instep, in particular, made of strong thermoplastic;
Material — made of natural, polymer materials and combined models;
Vault support — transverse, longitudinal, longitudinal-transverse differ in design and are prescribed depending on the type of disease;
Purpose — for children, adults, athletes, diabetics, etc. Different materials are used for production. The models differ in the type of construction, details, degree of support, fixation of the feet, etc.
The difference between factory insoles and individual insoles
At first glance, custom-made devices are more effective, because they are made taking into account individual parameters, diseases, deformations and anatomical features. But there is also a minus — they are not suitable for full shoes. Mass-produced insoles can be selected for any shoe model and season. For winter — insulated, for summer — thin, invisible in sandals, half-insoles for shoes with high heels — thin, but with effective support of the transverse arch, etc. Indications for use of those and other products are similar. The difference in the degree of foot deformities and flat feet. Individual insoles are prescribed when, according to the doctor, they are already ineffective. That is, custom-made devices are a more serious help to the feet. Of course, they can be purchased as soon as the diagnosis of flat feet is made, but experience shows that in most cases, good «ready-made» insoles can also help.
How to choose?
The insoles are selected according to the size and anatomical structure of the foot. When buying, it is necessary to insert the insoles into the shoes and walk around the store a little. With transverse flat feet, not only the size is taken into account, because everyone has different toe lengths, so the pelot may not be where it is needed. To prevent this from happening, measure the distance from the front line of the pelota of the transverse arch to the heel. Pay attention to the covering material. The cheapest, but uncomfortable, in which the feet sweat and the microclimate in the shoes deteriorates — leather substitute. A natural leather surface is better. If the insoles are made of gel (silicone), then the covering that comes into contact with the foot should be cloth. An additional plus is a layer of activated carbon and antibacterial impregnation.
Advantages of buying in large specialized stores
The purchase of orthopedic insoles should be taken very seriously, as your health directly depends on it. It is better to do this in a chain of specialized stores selling medical products. They offer the following:
1. A wide range of insoles from different manufacturers, types of models and price categories;
2. The help of qualified consultants, well versed in products, who will explain the features and purpose of each model and help decide on the product, depending on the type of existing problem;
3. Affordable cost, due to direct cooperation with manufacturers and the absence of intermediaries;
4. Help and free consultation of an orthopedist — in most large stores there are doctors and technicians who make individual insoles, the orthopedist after an examination will determine whether you need such custom-made devices or help you choose a suitable ready-made product;
5. Ordering in an online store, if there are no specialized stores in your city or you do not want to leave your home, the product will be delivered promptly and without prepayment;
6. Online service support on the store website and call center (by phone), you can ask any question about the presented goods.