The right choice of insoles is not only a guarantee of comfort, but also one of the important conditions for maintaining the health of the musculoskeletal system. In the process of wearing, the insole acts as a shock absorber when walking, and also has a hygienic function. For its production, various materials are used, between which there are significant differences.
Insoles made of felt, wool, natural and artificial fur do an excellent job of keeping warm. Natural materials wick away moisture easily to keep feet dry. There are options for combined insoles: with leather, foil and other types of bases, an example of such insoles is here. Winter insoles provide comfort, help the feet stay warm even at low temperatures.
This is one of the most expensive options, but their high price is justified by the practicality of the product. Often leather insoles consist of several layers, one of which is a carbon filter with a deodorizing effect. Advantages of leather insoles:
- Excellent level of thermoregulation. The material retains heat, so it is especially in demand for demi-season models.
- The ability to remove moisture, due to which the foot remains dry.
- The ability to «breathe», which creates a comfortable microclimate for the foot.
They are often used for demi-season or summer models, including open shoes, sneakers, slip-ons. They can be worn with socks, as well as on bare feet. But in the second case, it is better to give preference to options with a bactericidal effect. These models are different:
- Affordable cost.
- Ease of care.
- The ability to resist fungal microorganisms (for options with an antibacterial coating).
Among the advantages of cotton insoles is their ability to pass air perfectly, due to which the foot “breathes” and does not sweat.
Silicone insoles are especially in demand if it is necessary to remove the load from the musculoskeletal system and leg muscles as much as possible. They have a pronounced depreciation effect, reduce the shock load when walking and running. Silicone insoles are often completed with sports shoes. Benefits of silicone insoles:
- No chance of slipping feet in shoes.
- The ability to completely repeat the bend and shape of the foot, thanks to which the silicone insole adapts to the characteristics of a particular person.
- Ease of maintenance. Silicone is resistant to water and chemicals.
- Hypoallergenic, which makes it suitable for small children.
And most importantly — they do not absorb unpleasant odors, which ensures the freshness of shoes.
Latex is actively used in the production of children’s and adult shoes for sports. It does not absorb moisture, so it will be a great alternative for those who have sweaty feet. https://this shop/product/soft-r-38-size-38-9022380?oid=80912 Advantages:
- The ability to withstand regular intense exercise, including active sweating.
- Maintain optimal foot temperature.
- Protection against the appearance of an unpleasant odor, especially in models where there is a layer of activated carbon.
Often, latex insoles are treated with antibacterial compounds.
If you need arch support to relieve stress while walking or standing for a long time, then you should pay attention to gel insoles. They are in demand among athletes, people leading an active lifestyle, as well as people with diseases of the musculoskeletal system or their prevention. Advantages:
- The ability to eliminate swelling of the legs and prevent the likelihood of corns.
- Excellent fixation of the leg, which prevents it from slipping.
- Versatility, as they are suitable for different types of shoes.
So, when choosing insoles, we recommend focusing on the season and type of shoes for which the product is purchased, as well as on the intensity and features of wearing shoes.