Types of bathrobes — which bathrobe to buy
Many of our customers are not always clear about what types of bathrobes are there. Therefore, when the question arises about which particular product to buy, they rely only on the appearance (or photo), and not on the type of material and fabric. It is for such buyers that we will try to explain what varieties of homemade and terry dressing gowns are, and for what purposes they are used. We will not consider specialized products for various areas of professional use.
The very first thing that needs to be clarified is the difference between the concepts «type of fabric» and «material». These concepts are used in our store to filter models and are the basis for dividing products into types.
Fabric type — a way of building tissue, having a certain structure, appearance and properties. At the same time, we note that in the definition there is NOTHING about the material from which the fabric is made. Thus, the same type of fabric can be made from different materials, but have the same type of fabric. This is also true in reverse order, i.e. From the same material, completely different types of fabrics can be produced.
For example, imagine an ordinary light T-shirt and a bath towel. The types of fabrics from which they are made are completely different (by structure, by touch, by purpose). At the same time, these fabrics are made from the same material — cotton.
Material It is the raw material from which fabric is made. It is important to note that according to the method of obtaining raw materials, materials are of 3 types:
- natural materials materials that exist in nature. For example: cotton, linen, wool.
- artificial materials do not exist in nature. They are created artificially, but using natural ingredients. For example: bamboo, viscose.
- Synthetic materials — completely produced from synthetic (chemically created) components. For example: polyester, elastane.
Also, when classifying, it is necessary to take into account the density of a particular fabric, which determines, for example, the lightness and warmth of the fabric. It is the type of fabric, material and its density that determine the main classification of bathrobes according to their physical properties and purpose.
The most popular types of bathrobes by type of fabric
- Terry bathrobes. The fabric consists of a pile (a set of loops) of a certain length and structure. It is in terry products that the main number of misconceptions of buyers lies. Terry fabric type, can be made from 100% natural cotton or 100% synthetic polyester. This is a very important fact that must be taken into account and when choosing a terry bathrobe, you ALWAYS need to clarify its material. Example: female, male.
- Velor bathrobes. The fabric has a velvety texture. Velor is used, as a rule, from the outside to give the product an elegant appearance. At the same time, the inner side can be both terry and knitted. Velor is mainly made from natural materials. Example: female, male.
- Satin. Satin fabric has a smooth silky surface. Satin robes can be made from either synthetic materials (cheap models) or natural ones (for example, silk for expensive models). There are models in which the satin is used for sewing the outside. Example: female, male.
- Knitted bathrobes. Knitted fabric has a special loop connection of the main threads, due to which a thin, soft and elastic structure of the fabric is achieved. Knitted models are most often demi-season and summer models for the home, for the beach. Example: female, male.
- Fleece. Fleece fabric is a synthetic knitted fiber. Fleece is always made from synthetic fabrics, so these bathrobes are used for the home during the cold season. Example: women.
- Waffle robes. Waffle fabric is a dense cotton fabric with a certain pattern (as a rule, these are squares). Wafer models are made from natural materials and are used for hotels, swimming pools, massage and beauty salons, and often such products are also bought for home use. Example: female, male.
The most popular types by materials
- Cotton – 100% natural material. It is used for sewing terry bath, children’s or summer dressing gowns. The most popular material for the production of terry products. Example: women’s, men’s, children’s.
- microfiber – 100% synthetic material. It is used for sewing warm home dressing gowns for the cold season. This material is the most popular of synthetic materials, since microfiber models are very warm, light and fluffy. But you need to keep in mind that microfiber products are not suitable as bath products, since this material is not able to absorb moisture and the body will sweat in it. Example: women’s, men’s, children’s.
- Bamboo — an artificial material created from 100% natural raw materials — bamboo wood. Very soft material, perfectly absorbs moisture, safe for a steamed body. Probably the most successful material for making bathrobes, but at the same time the most expensive. Example: female, male.
- Polyester – 100% synthetic material. It is used for sewing home light and warm models.
- Viscose — an artificial material made from 100% natural raw materials — cellulose (wood). A very pleasant material, which is often used for sewing summer models of women’s bathrobes.
Very often materials are used from a combination of natural components (for example, cotton) and non-natural (for example, polyester). Such a material has the advantages of both natural fibers (good absorbency) and non-natural fibers (low wrinkling, visual appeal, durability). For example, a dressing gown made of 80% cotton and 20% polyester will be very practical for use at home. Example: women’s, men’s, children’s.
Consider the types of bathrobes according to their purpose
By purpose, all models of bathrobes can be divided into 2 main types: bath and home.
Bath — are able to quickly absorb a large amount of moisture, and also allow steamed skin to breathe after a bath, a bath.
These models are necessarily made of natural (cotton) or artificial materials (bamboo). The naturalness of the material (or the origin of the raw materials for the material, in the case of bamboo models) is required, since the main property of a bathrobe is its high ability to absorb moisture. In addition, bathrobes are worn on a steamed naked body, so the naturalness of the fabric is also a must. According to the type of fabric, the inside of bathrobes must be necessarily terry, which ensures the best absorption of moisture.
Bathrobes are used not only in the bath. Such models are practical for use in the pool, at home after a bath, as well as in all other cases when it is necessary to protect a wet body from external influences. Example: women’s bathrobes, men’s bathrobes.
Homemade — warm (for dense fabrics), comfortable and practical for use in everyday life. Used in everyday life: at home, on the beach, in a hotel. They can be summer, demi-season and winter models. It is possible to use fully synthetic and combined fabrics. The main requirement is practicality and convenience.
But which bathrobes are better, based on our sales statistics, we wrote earlier.
We recommend to read:
— robes with a hood
— maternity gowns
— cheap bathrobes
— terry bathrobes