When talking about special clothes for medical workers, the first thing that comes to mind is a white coat or a suit, which no employee of a medical institution can do without. It forms a special attitude of the patient to the doctor and trust, which is the key to effective treatment. However, for the complete convenience of a hospital worker, in addition to a gown, he needs practical and appropriate footwear. In order to understand what qualities medical shoes should have, this article considers the following questions:
1. Why do employees of medical institutions need special shoes;
2. Features of footwear for medical workers;
3. Types of special footwear;
4. Criteria for choosing the right shoes;
5. Where to buy special shoes.
Why do employees of medical institutions need special shoes
Basically, all employees of clinics or hospitals spend most of their working time on their feet. This applies to practicing surgeons of any specialization, nurses, orderlies. And other doctors of the hospital are forced to walk or stand for the main part of the working day — rounds, examinations, special procedures and performing hygienic measures — these processes are impossible while sitting in the office at the table. If the shoes are uncomfortable, narrow, the heels are too high or the shoe materials are hard, this can lead to the formation of calluses, calluses, rapid onset of fatigue, pain in the joints and feet. To protect the feet, joints, and spine, it is necessary to use comfortable and practical models made of natural materials with orthopedic properties. Modern manufacturers of special shoes for doctors produce just such models, which, in addition to convenience and practicality, are distinguished by an original design that corresponds to fashion trends.
Features of footwear for medical workers
Modern models of shoes for employees of medical institutions differ in some features:
• A free voluminous sock provides freedom for the fingers. Unlike narrow socks, in shoes with a wide toe, calluses and chafing do not form on the toes, due to the fact that the shoes do not clamp the front part of the foot;
• Thickening-supinator on the inner side of the insole provides cushioning, preventing shock loads on the ankle, knee, hip joints and spine. Supports the erection of the foot in the anatomically correct position, preventing the formation of flat feet. A person can spend a long time on his feet without feeling fatigue and pain in his feet and joints;
• Models with an open heel have a special strap for fixing the shoe on the foot. If necessary, this whip turns forward, providing the leg with complete freedom;
• To adjust the width of the toe in open flip-flops, Velcro fasteners are provided, which are tightened, providing the required width;
• Some models have a special gel insole containing a special plastic gel inside. Under the pressure of weight, the insole adjusts to the shape of the foot, providing special comfort;
• The sole is made of polyurethane, which is quite plastic, well springy, protecting the foot from shock loads when walking or running. At the same time, the sole is strong, it bends to a certain limit, preventing injury. The sole does not slip, which is especially important, because the floor covering of operating and manipulation rooms is most often made of tiles;
• The shoes are made of natural materials — leather or suede, which provide the necessary microclimate in the shoes. There are no conditions for the development of bacteria and fungi;
• Along the edge of the insole, there is often a ridge (edge), which prevents the foot from slipping and injury.
types of special shoes
— Sabo medical shoes — stable, comfortable, well fix the leg of the model. The upper part is wide, closed, voluminous. The sole is solid, thick. They are available with or without a wide whip. The upper part (joint) is perforated, which improves air flow and provides an optimal microclimate in the shoes even on hot summer days;
— Medical flip-flops — shoes with an open toe. The width of the sock can be adjusted using one or more straps. The sole is thick. Such models will be convenient in the summer;
— Special shoes with a thick solid sole, which most often have holes in the rise for ventilation. Such models are preferred by men, as they look like sneakers.
Criteria for choosing the right shoes
When choosing medical shoes, it should be taken into account that the user will be in these shoes throughout the working day, so they should be as comfortable as possible. In retail stores and on the website of the «Your Health» network, you can choose modern, comfortable models from the world’s leading manufacturers — Mubb (Serbia), Dr. Monte Bosco (Italy), Abeba (Germany).
When choosing, you should be guided by the following rules:
• You should not buy shoes that are larger or smaller, as they will squeeze the leg too much or, on the contrary, fall down when walking. When trying on, you should pay attention to how comfortable the leg is in the chosen model. Sometimes the inconsistency of lifting, even with the right size, can cause discomfort and increased fatigue;
• Edges, scars, seams should not be hard and rough, especially in those places where they come into contact with open areas of the body;
• Fasteners should be firmly fixed and not come apart when walking;
• The sole must bend well, but at the same time be rigid enough to protect the user when walking;
• The surface of the shoes should be as smooth as possible, without an abundance of decorative elements, cracks or separating stripes, so that it is easy to clean, wash and treat with disinfectant compounds;
• If there are problems with the foot, it is worth paying attention to the instep and the insole, which will support the correct arch of the foot.
Where to buy
If you need high-quality, beautiful medical shoes, Kyiv offers to use the services of salons or the network’s website, which presents elegant and comfortable models of world manufacturers.